Dr. Martin R. Geiger and Mag. Irena Gogl-Hassanin contributed the Austrian chapter of the 2021 “Aviation Liability” guide of Lexology. Getting The Deal Through. The publication is available on the Lexology website (subscription required). A Pdf of the Austrian chapter can be downloaded here.
The guide is structured as Q&As and provides answers to the most important issues, such as
- applicable treaties
- liability for passenger injury or death during international and domestic carriage
- third-party liability
- liability of ground damage
- liability for damage caused by unruly passengers or terrorist events
- liability for harm caused by drones
- customer protection and passenger rights
- government liability
- criminal proceedings
- effect of carrier’s conditions of carriage and tariffs
- accident investigation
- insurance requirements
- litigation procedures; settlements
- case law and current trends
- and a chapter on the Corona pandemic
On 6 ½ pages, you will get a good overview of flight claim management. The standardised structure of the questionnaire also allows Lexology subscribers to make cross-border comparisons.
If you have any specific questions in this regard, please contact our aviation team leader, Dr. Martin Geiger.